Become A Volunteer
Our efforts to save lives are dwarfed by the herculean efforts of our amazing volunteers. We are always looking for dedicated, passionate volunteers to join our cause. If you have any free time to spare or you have expertise in any of the below, …. we need your help!
If you are living in Sitia, or are near to us here are some of the ways you can volunteer and help us:
- Foster care: some animals have trouble staying in the shelter or need a little extra tender, love, and care before being adopted.
- Socialising/Playing with dogs: yes we are really asking you to come and play with the dogs! it is very important for their social needs to have as much human contact as possible…
- Dog walking: all our dogs would love to get out and explore, and it is also a great help to teach them how to walk on a lead ready for their new home.
- Cleaning: not as fun as cuddling or playing, but equally as important, the kennels need daily cleaning, to keep the place clean and hygienic for our four legged friends.
- Grooming: want to help bathe some dogs? No professional expertise needed. This helps the dogs feel and look better to find their forever home.
- Make or donate goods: can either be for the dogs to enjoy or for one of our fundraising events
If you are one of our followers from abroad, don’t worry… there are still many ways you can help us:
- Like and share our social media posts: sounds like something very simple… but you never know who amongst your friends might end up donating or adopting, or even coming over to visit and volunteering for a day or two.
- Fund raising: We are always very grateful of any funds raised to help us, from collecting all your friends and families left over holiday euros, to getting sponsored for doing an activity. Every last euro is gratefully received and put to good use.
These are just some of the ways you can help us. If you have an idea or want to just come by and see us for an afternoon, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.VOLUNTEER